Exxon Mobil Corp. (Irving, Texas) announced that its Liberian affiliate has
acquired from Canadian Overseas Petroleum Ltd. (COPL), based in Calgary, Canada,
80 percent interest in Liberia Block 13 (LB-13). The block comprises more than
2,500 square kilometers offshore Liberia in water depths ranging from 75 to
Exxon Mobil Exploration and Production Liberia Ltd. and COPL received final approval of the transaction from the Liberia national legislature and Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. The transaction closed in April.
Exxon Mobil is the operator of LB13. COPL now has 20 percent interest inLB-13.
Exxon Mobil plans to open its venture office in Monrovia, Liberia, to begin fulfilling the requirements of the production-sharing contract, which calls for an exploration well to be drilled within three years.
Liberia Block 13 is 30 kilometers offshore Liberia's central coast.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration