Exxon Mobil Corp. (Irving, Texas) announced that its Liberian affiliate has
acquired from Canadian Overseas Petroleum Ltd. (COPL), based in Calgary, Canada,
80 percent interest in Liberia Block 13 (LB-13). The block comprises more than
2,500 square kilometers offshore Liberia in water depths ranging from 75 to
Exxon Mobil Exploration and Production Liberia Ltd. and COPL received final approval of the transaction from the Liberia national legislature and Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. The transaction closed in April.
Exxon Mobil is the operator of LB13. COPL now has 20 percent interest inLB-13.
Exxon Mobil plans to open its venture office in Monrovia, Liberia, to begin fulfilling the requirements of the production-sharing contract, which calls for an exploration well to be drilled within three years.
Liberia Block 13 is 30 kilometers offshore Liberia's central coast.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him