Juan del Busto, the former regional executive of The Federal Reserve Bank of
Atlanta's Miami branch and current chairman of Del Busto Capital Partners, Inc.,
has joined the Ocean Bank Board of Directors.
"Juan del Busto has had a front-row seat to both the regulatory world and South Florida's economy for his entire professional life," said A. Alfonso Macedo, president and CEO of Ocean Bank. "We look forward to the unique perspectives he brings to our team."
According to a release, Del Busto joined the Miami branch of the Fed in 1973 and worked his way up from computer operator to administrator in 1983. He was promoted to assistant vice president with responsibility for the securities, accounting and human resources departments in 1986 and was named assistant branch manager in 1989. He was promoted to vice president and branch manager in 2003 and regional executive in September 2008. He retired from the Fed in December 2012.
The Miami Fed, based in Doral, is one of six branch offices of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, which is one of 12 Reserve Banks overseeing bank supervision and regulation, monetary policy and operation of a nationwide payment system.
The Company added that Del Busto is a trustee for United Way of Dade County. A staunch believer that a highly educated workforce will improve the nation's economy, del Busto serves on the board of directors of the Florida Council of Economic Education, the Center for Financial Training, the Florida International University Presidents Council and the Miami Dade College Business School advisory Committee, and is Vice Chairman of the Superintendent's Business Advisory committee for Dade County Public schools.
He is a member of the Florida Bankers Association, the Hispanic American Bankers Association, the Florida International University Alumni Association, the American Numismatic Association, the NFL Alumni Association, the Ohio State University Alumni Association and the South Florida Touchdown Club Foundation.
Ocean Bank is an independent, state-chartered commercial bank.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?