Amy Huberman was the centre of attention at the opening night of Wayne Jordan's production of An Enemy of the People, which received a standing ovation at the Gate Theatre on Tuesday night. She was out with her parents to support her brother Mark Huberman, who is in the cast, before she heads to Australia for the Lions' test matches with her daughter, Sadie.
Would she also consider treading the boards? "It's been years since I've done a theatre audition," she replied. "I'd be terrified, to be honest - I think it's so brave."
Mark, who plays the role of Billing, was also aware of the new challenges of the stage and, conscious of having to perform again the next night, opted for water in the bar afterwards.
The solicitor Cliona Buckley was there with her brother Gavin, and was enthusing about the 4th Indian Film Festival of Ireland, which takes place in Dundrum Town Centre from June 7th-10th.
Who we spotted: Kathleen Watkins; President of the High Court Mr Justice Nicholas Kearns; the actors Genevieve Hulme-Beaman and Rebecca O'Mara; the actor and Bewley's heiress Kelly Campbell; the actor Sam McGovern; Pan Pan Theatre's director Gavin Quinn.
Who's that guy
The English actor Paul McGann, well known for his roles in the popular cult movie Withnail & I and the television movie Doctor Who, was in Dublin on Wednesday to finalise details for his lead role in an upcoming Abbey Theatre production, the specifics of which have yet to be announced.
(c) 2013 Irish Times. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals