OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/30/13 -- The issue:
Two unauthorized health products - "Stiff Nights" and "Stiff 4 Hours" - were tested by Health Canada and were found to contain hidden ingredients (sildenafil and/or tadalafil) that may pose serious risks to the health of Canadians. The products were being sold at Saints N Sinners Ltd, 1715 Centre Street N.W., Calgary, Alberta.
These products are promoted as male sexual stimulants that contain hidden prescription medications. Approved drugs that contain these ingredients can only be sold with a prescription and by a pharmacy. The purchase of such unauthorized products elsewhere can put your health at serious risk.
Who is affected:
Canadians who have purchased or used these products, particularly people with heart problems.
What consumers should do:
- Consult your healthcare practitioner with any questions or concerns regarding use of these products.
- Read the label of the products you buy to verify that they have been assessed by Health Canada for safety, effectiveness and quality. Health products that have been authorized for sale by Health Canada will have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), a Homeopathic Medicine Number (DIN-HM) or a Natural Product Number (NPN) on the label. Some natural health products (NHPs) may have an Exemption Number (EN).
- Report any adverse reaction potentially related to these products to Health Canada.
- Contact Health Canada's toll-free line at 1-800-267-9675 with questions or complaints about these products.
What Health Canada is doing:
Health Canada has previously warned about the dangers of "Stiff Nights" and "Stiff 4 Hours". Health Canada has followed up with the retailer and they have removed the products from sale. Health Canada is also working with the Canada Border Services Agency to stop any shipments of "Stiff Nights" and "Stiff 4 Hours" from entering Canada.
Sildenafil and tadalafil are prescription medications that should only be used under the supervision of a health care practitioner. Products containing sildenafil or tadalafil should never be used by individuals taking any kind of nitrate drug (e.g. nitroglycerine) as they can cause potentially life-threatening low blood pressure.
Individuals with heart problems including high blood pressure, a history of heart attack, stroke, abnormal heart beat or chest pain are at higher risk of cardiovascular side-effects if they engage in sexual activity, including if they use sildenafil or tadalafil to help them achieve an erection. Other possible side-effects of using sildenafil or tadalafil include headache, facial flushing, indigestion, dizziness, abnormal vision and hearing loss.
Click on the following link to see a photo of the products affected : http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/hca0530.pdf
For more information:
Consumers and health professionals wanting more information about this advisory from Health Canada can contact the Public Enquiries Line at 613-957-2991, or toll free at 1-866-225-0709.
Media enquiries related to this Advisory should be directed to Health Canada Media Relations at 613-957-2983.
How to report side effects to health products:
- Call toll-free at 1-866-234-2345
- Visit MedEffect Canada's web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax.
Egalement disponible en francais
Hispanic #1 Breaking News for Entrepreneurs, Professionals and Small Business Owners - HispanicBusiness.com
OCTOBER 31, 2014
|Customer Service||Policy||Advertise||Site Tools|
|HispanicBusiness Services||Editorial Guidelines||Ad Specifications||Magazine Archive|
|List Rental Agreement||About Us||Media Kits||Post Your Event|
|HireDiversity Job Search||Editorial Calendar||Research|
© 2014 HispanicBusiness Inc. All Rights Reserved.