OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/106wUkL
The public warning issued on April 29, 2013 has been updated to include additional distribution information.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Mitchell Agencies/Concord National are warning people with sensitivities to sulphites not to consume certain Golden Sun brand Seedless Raisins. The affected product contains sulphites which are not declared on the label.
The affected product, Golden Sun brand Seedless Raisins, is sold in 250 g packages bearing UPC 0 74917 00037 8 and a Best Before of 12NOV2014D. This product has been distributed in Newfoundland and Quebec.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with sensitivities to sulphites.
The importer, Mitchell Agencies/Concord National, Mount Pearl, NL, is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form at http://www.inspection.gc.ca/contactus.
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food_allergies.
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/recalls
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
CFIA Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids