ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. of Orlando Florida, along with Sell My Timeshare NOW, commends Florida State Senator Kelli Stargel (R-Lakeland) and Representatives Debbie Mayfield (R-Vero Beach) and Dane Eagle (R-Cape Coral) on final passage of Florida House Bill 7025 relating to timeshares. Timeshare Closing Services also extends its appreciation to the American Resort Development Association, which was instrumental in the passage of the new legislation to fairly represent and protect both the timeshare resale industry and timeshare owners.
Scott Roberts, CEO of Timeshare Closing Services, Inc., says, "The bill sponsors balanced the needs of timeshare developers with the needs of consumers. A timeshare resale market that respects owners' property rights is critical to the health of the timeshare industry. Timeshare Closing Services is committed to ensuring that lawmakers hear the voices of timeshare owners.
"We also express our deep appreciation to ARDA for its willingness to work with us and its recognition of our valid concerns. The result of ARDA's attention to bringing about a workable compromise is now codified in the legislation that passed here in Florida today," adds Roberts.
Executives from ARDA, Timeshare Closing Services and Sell My Timeshare NOW met earlier this year when the timeshare company voiced its concern that the legislation, as initially proposed, would negatively impact the timeshare secondary market and would increase the cost for timeshare owners to resell their units or points on the secondary market.
The new legislation is scheduled to take effect on July 1, 2013.
About Timeshare Closing Services, Inc.
For more than ten years, Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. has specialized in facilitating timeshare transfers of even the most challenging properties. Timeshare Closing Services, Inc., is a full service title insurance company and is licensed, bonded, underwritten and insured.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence