SHINGLE SPRINGS, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- The Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians is deeply committed to having a positive impact in the community and to preserving the places where its neighbors, guests, team and Tribe work, live and play. The Tribe's Rancheria is located in northern California, on 160 acres in beautiful El Dorado County. Its dedication to environmental stewardship is a core value of the Tribe and its enterprises.
The high-tech, state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant that services the Tribe's Red Hawk Casino and Rancheria is no exception. The facility employs green technology to minimize environmental impacts. Water treated at the facility meets or exceeds the highest federal and state standards.
The key to the system is the use of membrane bioreactors (MBRs) that improve water quality using micro- or ultrafiltration technologies. While MBRs cost significantly more than other treatment technologies, the technology was chosen for its small size, excellent odor control, and high rating for water quality. Water produced by MBRs is used for recycling or reuse, helping to conserve valuable water resources.
At Red Hawk Casino and the Rancheria, the MBR treatment facility provides water for toilet flushing, landscape irrigation, and subsurface disposal (which helps replenish groundwater). In addition, recycled water spray fields help reduce the risk of wildfires in summer by maintaining a greenbelt where there would otherwise be dry tinder. Making use of this recycled water reduces the demand for potable water, helping to keep water rates down for everyone and helping to maintain environmental integrity.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Director, Public Relations
530-387-4183 - office
775-232-4976 - cell
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy