CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- Sonde Resources Corp. ("Sonde" or the "Company") (TSX: SOQ) (NYSE MKT: SOQ) announced today that Jack Schanck, President and Chief Executive Officer, has formally notified the Board of Directors of his intention to retire from Sonde for personal reasons. Mr. Schanck's retirement is effective on the earlier of June 30, 2013 and the appointment of a successor to the position of President and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Schanck will also be retiring from the Board of Directors but he has agreed to stay on as an advisor until December 31, 2013 to assist with the transition. The Board of Directors has formed a search committee which is in the advanced stages of identifying a suitable replacement for Mr. Schanck.
Kerry Brittain, Chairman of the Board, stated: "The Board of Directors of Sonde wishes to sincerely thank Jack for his contribution to Sonde. During his tenure, Jack made significant progress in rationalizing Sonde's portfolio of legacy assets, while concurrently leading the acquisition and partial monetization of new exploratory plays. Under a difficult economic and political environment, Jack has also been unstinting in his efforts to bring in a partner in our Joint Oil Project in North Africa. We wish Jack well in his future endeavors."
Sonde Resources Corp. is a Calgary, Alberta, Canada based energy company engaged in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas. Its operations are located in Western Canada and offshore North Africa. See Sonde's website at www.sonderesources.com to review further detail on Sonde's operations.
Sonde Resources Corp.
Kurt A. Nelson
Chief Financial Officer
(403) 216-2374 (FAX)
Sonde Resources Corp.
Suite 3100, 500 - 4th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2V6
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction