Moscow is prepared for talks with all opposition parties in Syria, including the
Free Syrian Army, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Friday.
Lavrov, speaking in Ljubljana, Slovenia, made his comments after Free Syrian army leader Salim Idriss said he would be ready to meet Russian authorities to discuss paths to a resolution of the war in Syria.
"We are ready for talks with all of the Syrian opposition," Lavrov said.
Russia has been a supporter of the Syrian regime and Lavrov will discuss the Syrian situation next week at a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Russian news agency RIA-Novosti reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend