Moscow is prepared for talks with all opposition parties in Syria, including the
Free Syrian Army, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Friday.
Lavrov, speaking in Ljubljana, Slovenia, made his comments after Free Syrian army leader Salim Idriss said he would be ready to meet Russian authorities to discuss paths to a resolution of the war in Syria.
"We are ready for talks with all of the Syrian opposition," Lavrov said.
Russia has been a supporter of the Syrian regime and Lavrov will discuss the Syrian situation next week at a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Russian news agency RIA-Novosti reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico