Moscow is prepared for talks with all opposition parties in Syria, including the
Free Syrian Army, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Friday.
Lavrov, speaking in Ljubljana, Slovenia, made his comments after Free Syrian army leader Salim Idriss said he would be ready to meet Russian authorities to discuss paths to a resolution of the war in Syria.
"We are ready for talks with all of the Syrian opposition," Lavrov said.
Russia has been a supporter of the Syrian regime and Lavrov will discuss the Syrian situation next week at a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Russian news agency RIA-Novosti reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines