OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- The Honourable Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development and Minister Responsible for Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), today announced the appointment of Robert P. Kelly as Chairperson of the CMHC Board of Directors for a five-year term effective immediately.
"Mr. Kelly has extensive Canadian and U.S. experience in both housing finance and capital markets, which will be of great benefit to CMHC," said Minister Finley. "His expertise and leadership will ensure the continued strong governance of Canada's national housing agency."
Mr. Kelly was Chairman and CEO of the Bank of New York Mellon from 2007 to 2011. Prior to the merger of Bank of New York and Mellon Financial Corporation, Mr. Kelly was Chairman, CEO and President of Mellon Financial Corporation (2006-2007). From 2000 to 2006, he was Chief Financial Officer of Wachovia Corporation, a financial services company. Mr. Kelly also held various positions at the Toronto Dominion Bank from 1981 to 2000, including Vice-Chairman.
Mr. Kelly is a native of Halifax, Nova Scotia. He received a Bachelor of Commerce from St. Mary's University in Halifax and is now currently the Chancellor of the University. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Masters in Business Administration from Cass School of Business, City University in London, England.
Minister Finley also thanked Sophie Joncas, Vice-Chairperson, for her contributions as Interim Chairperson.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) has been Canada's national housing agency for more than 65 years. Together with other housing stakeholders, we help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. We are committed to helping Canadians access a wide choice of quality, environmentally sustainable and affordable housing solutions that will continue to create vibrant and healthy communities and cities across the country.
Ce document existe egalement en francais
Jan O' Driscoll
Office of the Minister Human Resources
and Skills Development
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief