US President Barack Obama said Thursday in
Mexico that he was hopeful that legislation reforming the US
immigration system would be passed this year by lawmakers in
"I'm optimistic that we're finally going to pass comprehensive immigration reform," he told reporters in Mexico City. "Now is the time to get immigration reform done."
Obama noted the history of the United States as "a nation of immigrants" and said immigration reforms being debated in Congress would be a key element to improve business ties with Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions