US President Barack Obama said Thursday in
Mexico that he was hopeful that legislation reforming the US
immigration system would be passed this year by lawmakers in
"I'm optimistic that we're finally going to pass comprehensive immigration reform," he told reporters in Mexico City. "Now is the time to get immigration reform done."
Obama noted the history of the United States as "a nation of immigrants" and said immigration reforms being debated in Congress would be a key element to improve business ties with Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006