US President Barack Obama said Thursday in
Mexico that he was hopeful that legislation reforming the US
immigration system would be passed this year by lawmakers in
"I'm optimistic that we're finally going to pass comprehensive immigration reform," he told reporters in Mexico City. "Now is the time to get immigration reform done."
Obama noted the history of the United States as "a nation of immigrants" and said immigration reforms being debated in Congress would be a key element to improve business ties with Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel