US President Barack Obama said Thursday in
Mexico that he was hopeful that legislation reforming the US
immigration system would be passed this year by lawmakers in
"I'm optimistic that we're finally going to pass comprehensive immigration reform," he told reporters in Mexico City. "Now is the time to get immigration reform done."
Obama noted the history of the United States as "a nation of immigrants" and said immigration reforms being debated in Congress would be a key element to improve business ties with Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists