OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- Today, the Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State (Science and Technology), made the following statement:
"On behalf of the Government of Canada, I want to congratulate students from Toronto's Crescent School and Mississauga's Rick Hansen Secondary School on winning the world championship at the FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics Competition in St. Louis, Missouri. Their victory, in collaboration with the Texas Torque team from The Woodlands, Texas, is an unparalleled achievement. Never before in the event's 21-year history have two Canadian teams cooperated to finish in top spot. These young innovators represented the best of our country's engineering and technical talent to triumph over 400 teams from around the world.
"Scientific research and discovery is the key to strengthening this country's position as a global innovation leader. By supporting discovery-driven research through all levels of academia, the government is building the foundation for a prosperous 21st-century knowledge economy."
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Gary Goodyear
Minister of State (Science and Technology)
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter