CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- The Fraser Institute's Report Card on Alberta's High Schools 2013, the go-to source for measuring school performance and improvement, will be released Saturday, May 4 at 6:30 a.m. (Mountain).
The report card provides parents with information they can't easily get anywhere else. In addition to five years of academic results, the report card shows which Alberta high schools have improved, or fallen behind, academically over the past five years.
A news release with additional information will be issued via Marketwire on Saturday, May 4 at 6:30 a.m. (Mountain).
School results will be published in the Calgary Herald and the Edmonton Sun. The complete results for 279 high schools will also be available at www.compareschoolrankings.org where visitors can graphically compare schools' recent results on any of the report card's academic indicators and ratings.
Peter Cowley, co-author of the report card, will be in Calgary and available for media interviews on Saturday and available by phone on Sunday.
Follow the Fraser Institute on Twitter and Facebook
The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal and ties to a global network of 86 think-tanks. Its mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government intervention on the welfare of individuals. To protect the Institute's independence, it does not accept grants from governments or contracts for research. Visit www.fraserinstitute.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
The Fraser Institute
Director of School Performance Studies
Cell: (604) 789-0475
The Fraser Institute
(416) 363-6575 ext. 235
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists