EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/03/13 -- The Downtown Vibrancy Coalition is hosting a news conference to announce a campaign of support for the proposed arena and associated downtown revitalization projects, to take place on:
Date: Monday, May 6, 2013
Time: 12:00 noon
Location: Art Gallery of Alberta, 2 Sir Winston Churchill Square (main lobby)
Launched by the Downtown Vibrancy Task Force (DVTF), the coalition is an emerging group of citizens, artists, community, and business leaders, who value downtown as the city's cultural, social and economic hub. It ascribes to the motto: As goes your downtown, so goes your city.
Simon O'Byrne, chairperson of the DVTF, will host the press conference.
Membership in the Downtown Vibrancy Coalition is growing rapidly and already includes: The Downtown Edmonton Community League, University of Alberta, MacEwan University, Pixel Blue College, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce, Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, Credo Coffee, Blue Plate Diner, Startup Edmonton, Brian Webb Dance Company, and numerous companies and individuals.
The Downtown Vibrancy Task Force formed in 2010 after two hundred business and community leaders gathered at an economic forum and identified downtown revitalization as the city's top priority.
Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) provides leadership in economic development, markets Edmonton as a must-see destination, manages the Shaw Conference Centre and Edmonton Research Park, and acts as a stakeholder in TEC Edmonton, a joint venture with the University of Alberta. For more information, visit www. edmonton.com Learn more about Edmonton through the stories of people who've experienced it at www.edmontonstories.ca
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC)
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire