At this year's festival, books about travel, cooking and craft rub shoulders with memoir, music and the very best literature from across the world. Featured are international stars such from the travel writer Paul Theroux, to John Boyne, author of the internationally acclaimed Boy in the Striped Pyjamas; world renowned food critic Jay Rayner and the Scottish National Poet, Liz Lochead. Added to these well known names, we'll hear about new books on the fracking controversy, a personal account of IVF treatment, the life of Northern Ireland's most famous actor, and an alternative history of Ireland by one of its most famous artists.
There will also be a series of films at the QFT, a new theatre production of a classic American short story from the Beat Generation's Charles Bukowski and the world premiere of a new work by Ian Sansom and the Wireless Mystery Theatre.
There's plenty too for your junior bookworms, with many free workshops throughout the Festival week as well as the first 'Family Fun Day' at the Crescent Park, dedicated to children and young adult writing with food, music and events.
This year's Belfast Book Festival will once again deliver the wide world of books to the city, creating ideas and bringing the joy that only the printed word can offer. For more information, please go to www.belfastbookfestival.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say