The Los Angeles Dodgers knocked off the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 3-0 Tuesday on a two-hit shutout by rookie Ryu Hyun-Jin.
Ryu (6-2) struck out seven and did not allow a walk in his first career shutout, which gave the Dodgers a sweep of the two-game set at Dodger Stadium against the visitors from Orange County.
Luis Cruz supplied the firepower for the Dodgers with a two-run homer. A.J. Ellis tallied an RBI single.
Joe Blanton (1-8) took the loss for the Angels, whose eight-game winning streak came to a close. Blanton was charged with three runs on seven hits over seven innings.
Howie Kendrick and Chris Ianneta had the only two hits for the Halos.
The series moves to Anaheim Wednesday for two more games.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment