The Los Angeles Dodgers knocked off the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 3-0 Tuesday on a two-hit shutout by rookie Ryu Hyun-Jin.
Ryu (6-2) struck out seven and did not allow a walk in his first career shutout, which gave the Dodgers a sweep of the two-game set at Dodger Stadium against the visitors from Orange County.
Luis Cruz supplied the firepower for the Dodgers with a two-run homer. A.J. Ellis tallied an RBI single.
Joe Blanton (1-8) took the loss for the Angels, whose eight-game winning streak came to a close. Blanton was charged with three runs on seven hits over seven innings.
Howie Kendrick and Chris Ianneta had the only two hits for the Halos.
The series moves to Anaheim Wednesday for two more games.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant