US consumer confidence surged in May to its highest level in five years amid upbeat expectations for the country's short-term economic outlook, the New York-based Conference Board said Tuesday.
The index rose to 76.2 in May from a revised 69 in April, the private research group said. The reading was the highest since February 2008 for the world's largest economy. ----- Related: < ahref="http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013/5/28/consumer_confidence_index_hits_5year_high.htm">Consumer Confidence Index Hits 5-Year High -----
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.