Viva L.A. Lucha is a new lucha libre-style wrestling project that seeks to bring this masked, Mexican style of exciting professional wrestling beyond the borders of Mexico, into Los Angeles, and onto the Web and beyond. And it's hoping that the its rabid fan-base will help it with that goal.
Boasting a bevvy or wrestling professionals, including Ruben Zamora of Masked Republic, Kevin Kleinrock of MTV's Wrestling Society X, Viva L.A. Lucha says that if it raises its $60,000 goal on Kickstarter, a group funding web site, the company will be able to produce a pilot and at least eight web-episodes of entertainment that seeks to combine "traditional pro wrestling and Mexican lucha libre" for "a fast-paced, high-energy, exciting style and program."
Other wrestling luminaries associated with the Viva L.A. Lucha project include hall of fame wrestler Konnan, WWE legend Sean "X-Pac" Waltman,
The project's Kickstarter page can be found here, along with more details of all the project's participants, including who will be among the wrestlers, and details on what bonus materials backers get should the project prove successful.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls