Viva L.A. Lucha is a new lucha libre-style wrestling project that seeks to bring this masked, Mexican style of exciting professional wrestling beyond the borders of Mexico, into Los Angeles, and onto the Web and beyond. And it's hoping that the its rabid fan-base will help it with that goal.
Boasting a bevvy or wrestling professionals, including Ruben Zamora of Masked Republic, Kevin Kleinrock of MTV's Wrestling Society X, Viva L.A. Lucha says that if it raises its $60,000 goal on Kickstarter, a group funding web site, the company will be able to produce a pilot and at least eight web-episodes of entertainment that seeks to combine "traditional pro wrestling and Mexican lucha libre" for "a fast-paced, high-energy, exciting style and program."
Other wrestling luminaries associated with the Viva L.A. Lucha project include hall of fame wrestler Konnan, WWE legend Sean "X-Pac" Waltman,
The project's Kickstarter page can be found here, along with more details of all the project's participants, including who will be among the wrestlers, and details on what bonus materials backers get should the project prove successful.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go