Palm Beach Dramaworks will produce a concert version of Man of LaMancha from July 10-21.
The theater's first concert-style musical -- a sold-out Camelot inJanuary -- paved the way for the summer series. Once again, theshow will be presented with minimal staging and design and a spareaccompaniment. The band will feature a piano, guitar andpercussion.
The theater also plans to mount a second concert-style musicallater this summer.
"We really concentrate on the book, the music and the lyrics, andwhen you're dealing with timeless shows like Camelot and Man of LaMancha, there are vast rewards to be had by presenting these piecesin such an intimate setting," producing artistic director WilliamHayes said.
Shows are scheduled at 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays, 2 p.m.and 8 p.m. Saturdays, and 2 p.m. Sundays at the Donald and AnnBrown Theatre, 201 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. Tickets cost $35.
For information, call 514-4042 or visit palmbeachdramaworks.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck