Palm Beach Dramaworks will produce a concert version of Man of LaMancha from July 10-21.
The theater's first concert-style musical -- a sold-out Camelot inJanuary -- paved the way for the summer series. Once again, theshow will be presented with minimal staging and design and a spareaccompaniment. The band will feature a piano, guitar andpercussion.
The theater also plans to mount a second concert-style musicallater this summer.
"We really concentrate on the book, the music and the lyrics, andwhen you're dealing with timeless shows like Camelot and Man of LaMancha, there are vast rewards to be had by presenting these piecesin such an intimate setting," producing artistic director WilliamHayes said.
Shows are scheduled at 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays, 2 p.m.and 8 p.m. Saturdays, and 2 p.m. Sundays at the Donald and AnnBrown Theatre, 201 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. Tickets cost $35.
For information, call 514-4042 or visit palmbeachdramaworks.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures