By JAKE COYLE
CANNES, France - Bruce Dern has taken best actor and Berenice Bejo has landed best actress at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 76-year-old Dern stars in Alexander Payne's "Nebraska" as an aging, alcoholic on a road trip with his son, played by Will Forte.
Bejo, the "Artist" actress, won for her performance in Asghar Farhadi's "The Past." She plays a single mother balancing an ex-husband and a fiance.
The awards were chosen by a nine-member jury headed by Steven Spielberg.
Said Spielberg: "We crossed the world through these films."
The 12-day Cannes Film Festival is drawing to a close Sunday night with an award ceremony before a screening of the South African drama "Zulu."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks