By JAKE COYLE
CANNES, France - Bruce Dern has taken best actor and Berenice Bejo has landed best actress at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 76-year-old Dern stars in Alexander Payne's "Nebraska" as an aging, alcoholic on a road trip with his son, played by Will Forte.
Bejo, the "Artist" actress, won for her performance in Asghar Farhadi's "The Past." She plays a single mother balancing an ex-husband and a fiance.
The awards were chosen by a nine-member jury headed by Steven Spielberg.
Said Spielberg: "We crossed the world through these films."
The 12-day Cannes Film Festival is drawing to a close Sunday night with an award ceremony before a screening of the South African drama "Zulu."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses