By JAKE COYLE
CANNES, France - Bruce Dern has taken best actor and Berenice Bejo has landed best actress at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 76-year-old Dern stars in Alexander Payne's "Nebraska" as an aging, alcoholic on a road trip with his son, played by Will Forte.
Bejo, the "Artist" actress, won for her performance in Asghar Farhadi's "The Past." She plays a single mother balancing an ex-husband and a fiance.
The awards were chosen by a nine-member jury headed by Steven Spielberg.
Said Spielberg: "We crossed the world through these films."
The 12-day Cannes Film Festival is drawing to a close Sunday night with an award ceremony before a screening of the South African drama "Zulu."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE