By JAKE COYLE
CANNES, France - Bruce Dern has taken best actor and Berenice Bejo has landed best actress at the Cannes Film Festival.
The 76-year-old Dern stars in Alexander Payne's "Nebraska" as an aging, alcoholic on a road trip with his son, played by Will Forte.
Bejo, the "Artist" actress, won for her performance in Asghar Farhadi's "The Past." She plays a single mother balancing an ex-husband and a fiance.
The awards were chosen by a nine-member jury headed by Steven Spielberg.
Said Spielberg: "We crossed the world through these films."
The 12-day Cannes Film Festival is drawing to a close Sunday night with an award ceremony before a screening of the South African drama "Zulu."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say