By DAMIEN MURRAY
Amanda St John Black Box, Belfast Thursday, May 30, 8pm After years of singing in cover bands and working with some of our best local musicians, including Duke Special and Ciaran Gribbin, this dynamic singer is finally set to launch her debut solo EP, Where Is The Man.
This launch gig, with full band and special guests; Morgan MacIntyre, You, Me & the Sea and Katie Richardson, will showcase songs from the release (produced by acclaimed singersongwriter/ producer Gareth Dunlop), as well as her repertoire of self-penned soul and blues grooves.
If you're a fan of Amy Winehouse or Joni Mitchell, then this gig will suit you.
For details, visit www.blackboxbelfast.com Alan Niblock Trio Island Arts Centre, Lisburn Friday, May 31, 8pm Market Place Theatre, Armagh Saturday, June 1, 8pm Remembering jazz legend Ray Brown is this 10th anniversary tribute to one of jazz's greatest bassists.
The trio, Alan Niblock (bass), Mark Johnston (piano) and Stephen Davis (drums), celebrates his life with a selection of his compositions and material from his fellow musicians.
Tickets for the show are available from the respective venues.
The Kilkennys Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen Friday, May 31, 8pm The Kilkennys are at the forefront of the new generation of folk groups taking Irish music to the world and this energetic four- piece has already toured Europe, America and Australia this year.
From the music of The Dubliners, The Clancy Brothers and their own brand of folk and ballad music, this show features the best that the genre has to offer.
For details, visit www.ardhowentheatre.com.
Originally published by DAMIEN MURRAY.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Recommendations