SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/24/13 -- Cloud-based event ticketing and logistics software company Vendini has announced an unauthorized database system breach. Vendini provides box-office and online ticketing services to hundreds of Vendini members, which are tour, casino, sports, arts and entertainment venues and promoters, across the U.S. and Canada.
Vendini recently identified an incident in which information of its members' consumers, including consumer names, contact information and credit card numbers and expiration dates, may have been compromised by an unauthorized entry into its system. The company does not collect credit card security access codes (e.g., CVV, CVV2, PINs), social security numbers, usernames or passwords.
Members have been notified about the incident and Vendini took immediate steps to correct the problem and guard the safety of patron information. Vendini is working with its banks and credit card companies, and is actively assisting in an ongoing federal law enforcement investigation.
"We are taking proactive steps to prevent this from happening again, as well as to help federal law enforcement catch and prosecute the perpetrator," said CEO Mark Tacchi. "Our business is built on our ability to provide trusted services to our members and their patrons. This trust is founded on data protection and privacy, which is our highest priority."
Vendini has implemented enhanced security measures and monitoring processes.
For information about this incident, please visit Vendini's website at: blog.vendini.com. Consumers can also go to www.vendini.com/info or call Vendini toll-free at 1-800-836-0473, to learn more about the credit cards that were affected.
Media inquiries about this incident should be directed to Keith Goldberg, VP, Marketing, at (800) 901-7173 x767.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB