WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/24/13 -- SGX Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE: SXR) (the "Company"), is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Greg Gibson as a director of the Company effective today.
"Mr. Gibson is an excellent addition to our board of directors. He has extensive industry experience as an operator, developer and explorer and understands what it takes to capitalize on high-potential discoveries such as the Edleston and Tully exploration projects currently being pursued by SGX within the Timmins gold camp. Greg's views on development strategy especially within the Timmins gold camp are very much in line with our own," said Dale Ginn, President and Chief Executive Officer of SGX Resources.
Mr. Gibson is a mining engineer with more than 30 years of experience in the mining industry. He recently led Trelawney Mining and Exploration as President and CEO, and as a director, from discovery at Cote Lake located south of Timmins and to the west of the Edleston deposit to its eventual Plan of Arrangement with IAMGOLD Corporation in June 2012.
During his career, Mr. Gibson has also worked as a mine manager in gold, copper, and nickel mines and has significant international experience having worked throughout Canada, the USA and Australia at companies including JS Redpath, Dynatec Mining Ltd., Yilgarn Star Gold Mine, and Copper Mines of Tasmania. Most recently, Mr. Gibson served as President and CEO of Northern Gold Mining Inc. and is currently a director of several junior mining companies.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of the contents of this News Release.
SGX Resources Inc.
Toll free at 1-888-749-4621
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court