U.S. President Barack Obama announced his intent Thursday to nominate Katherine
Archuleta as director of the Office of Personnel Management, a statement said.
If confirmed, Archuleta will be the first Latina to head the agency, the White House statement noted.
Archuleta served as national political director of Obama for America in 2011-12 and was chief of staff at the U.S. Labor Department from 2009-11.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response