U.S. President Barack Obama announced his intent Thursday to nominate Katherine
Archuleta as director of the Office of Personnel Management, a statement said.
If confirmed, Archuleta will be the first Latina to head the agency, the White House statement noted.
Archuleta served as national political director of Obama for America in 2011-12 and was chief of staff at the U.S. Labor Department from 2009-11.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?