U.S. President Barack Obama announced his intent Thursday to nominate Katherine
Archuleta as director of the Office of Personnel Management, a statement said.
If confirmed, Archuleta will be the first Latina to head the agency, the White House statement noted.
Archuleta served as national political director of Obama for America in 2011-12 and was chief of staff at the U.S. Labor Department from 2009-11.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip