U.S. President Barack Obama announced his intent Thursday to nominate Katherine
Archuleta as director of the Office of Personnel Management, a statement said.
If confirmed, Archuleta will be the first Latina to head the agency, the White House statement noted.
Archuleta served as national political director of Obama for America in 2011-12 and was chief of staff at the U.S. Labor Department from 2009-11.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007