U.S. President Barack Obama announced his intent Thursday to nominate Katherine
Archuleta as director of the Office of Personnel Management, a statement said.
If confirmed, Archuleta will be the first Latina to head the agency, the White House statement noted.
Archuleta served as national political director of Obama for America in 2011-12 and was chief of staff at the U.S. Labor Department from 2009-11.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes