U.S. rocker Jon Bon Jovi is advising 19-year-old pop star Justin Bieber to
respect his fans if he wants to have a long and successful career.
Bon Jovi, 51, told the London Evening Standard Bieber demonstrated unprofessional behavior when he showed up two hours late for a March concert at London's O2 Arena, then blamed his tardiness on "technical issues."
"Every generation has guys that do that, none of that is new," Bon Jovi told the newspaper.
"They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives -- or in that kid's case, 80 minutes of their lives. ... Do it once, you can be forgiven. ... Do it enough times and shame on you. They won't have you back. Then it just becomes a cliche. It's really not cool -- you're an [expletive]hole. Go to [expletive] work!"
Bieber's publicist told E! News the singer was unavailable for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers