One of the suspected killers in the horrific Woolwich attack had
listened to the preachings of a radical Muslim cleric banned from
Britain over extremist activities, including alleged links to al-
Qaida, it has emerged.
Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed has been secretly filmed stating decapitation of the enemies of Islam is permitted.
Bakri Mohammed, who now lives in Lebanon, said last night: "I saw the film and we could see that he [the suspect] was being very courageous. Under Islam this can be justified, the attacker was not targeting civilians, he was taking on a military man in an operation.
To people around here [in the Middle East] he is a hero for what he has done."
Originally published by BY KIM SENGUPTA.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World