One of the suspected killers in the horrific Woolwich attack had
listened to the preachings of a radical Muslim cleric banned from
Britain over extremist activities, including alleged links to al-
Qaida, it has emerged.
Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed has been secretly filmed stating decapitation of the enemies of Islam is permitted.
Bakri Mohammed, who now lives in Lebanon, said last night: "I saw the film and we could see that he [the suspect] was being very courageous. Under Islam this can be justified, the attacker was not targeting civilians, he was taking on a military man in an operation.
To people around here [in the Middle East] he is a hero for what he has done."
Originally published by BY KIM SENGUPTA.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up