One of the suspected killers in the horrific Woolwich attack had
listened to the preachings of a radical Muslim cleric banned from
Britain over extremist activities, including alleged links to al-
Qaida, it has emerged.
Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed has been secretly filmed stating decapitation of the enemies of Islam is permitted.
Bakri Mohammed, who now lives in Lebanon, said last night: "I saw the film and we could see that he [the suspect] was being very courageous. Under Islam this can be justified, the attacker was not targeting civilians, he was taking on a military man in an operation.
To people around here [in the Middle East] he is a hero for what he has done."
Originally published by BY KIM SENGUPTA.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia