One of the suspected killers in the horrific Woolwich attack had
listened to the preachings of a radical Muslim cleric banned from
Britain over extremist activities, including alleged links to al-
Qaida, it has emerged.
Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed has been secretly filmed stating decapitation of the enemies of Islam is permitted.
Bakri Mohammed, who now lives in Lebanon, said last night: "I saw the film and we could see that he [the suspect] was being very courageous. Under Islam this can be justified, the attacker was not targeting civilians, he was taking on a military man in an operation.
To people around here [in the Middle East] he is a hero for what he has done."
Originally published by BY KIM SENGUPTA.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs