One of the suspected killers in the horrific Woolwich attack had
listened to the preachings of a radical Muslim cleric banned from
Britain over extremist activities, including alleged links to al-
Qaida, it has emerged.
Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed has been secretly filmed stating decapitation of the enemies of Islam is permitted.
Bakri Mohammed, who now lives in Lebanon, said last night: "I saw the film and we could see that he [the suspect] was being very courageous. Under Islam this can be justified, the attacker was not targeting civilians, he was taking on a military man in an operation.
To people around here [in the Middle East] he is a hero for what he has done."
Originally published by BY KIM SENGUPTA.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison