Massachusetts Republican U.S. Senate candidate Gabriel Gomez called his
Democratic opponent, Rep. Ed Markey, "pond scum" in an interview.
Gomez was asked by National Public Radio about a Gomez political advertisement in which he accused Markey of juxtaposing Osama bin Laden with Gomez --- a former U.S. Navy pilot and SEAL team member --- in an Internet video, the Politico, a Washington publication, reported Friday.
"For him (Markey) to be as dirty and low, pond scum, like, to put me up next to bin Laden, he's just got to be called what he is. It's that simple," Gomez told NPR.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino endorsed Markey Friday, an expected announcement that will likely boost Markey's campaign due to Menino's powerful grassroots campaign apparatus, The Republican newspaper on Springfield, Mass., reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low