Massachusetts Republican U.S. Senate candidate Gabriel Gomez called his
Democratic opponent, Rep. Ed Markey, "pond scum" in an interview.
Gomez was asked by National Public Radio about a Gomez political advertisement in which he accused Markey of juxtaposing Osama bin Laden with Gomez --- a former U.S. Navy pilot and SEAL team member --- in an Internet video, the Politico, a Washington publication, reported Friday.
"For him (Markey) to be as dirty and low, pond scum, like, to put me up next to bin Laden, he's just got to be called what he is. It's that simple," Gomez told NPR.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino endorsed Markey Friday, an expected announcement that will likely boost Markey's campaign due to Menino's powerful grassroots campaign apparatus, The Republican newspaper on Springfield, Mass., reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Economic Growth Boosts U.S. Futures
- The Costs of Repealing Obamacare
- BlackBerry Posts $4.4 Billion Quarterly Net Loss
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay