Massachusetts Republican U.S. Senate candidate Gabriel Gomez called his
Democratic opponent, Rep. Ed Markey, "pond scum" in an interview.
Gomez was asked by National Public Radio about a Gomez political advertisement in which he accused Markey of juxtaposing Osama bin Laden with Gomez --- a former U.S. Navy pilot and SEAL team member --- in an Internet video, the Politico, a Washington publication, reported Friday.
"For him (Markey) to be as dirty and low, pond scum, like, to put me up next to bin Laden, he's just got to be called what he is. It's that simple," Gomez told NPR.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino endorsed Markey Friday, an expected announcement that will likely boost Markey's campaign due to Menino's powerful grassroots campaign apparatus, The Republican newspaper on Springfield, Mass., reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt