A New York judge has released Amanda Bynes on her own recognizance after the
actress was arrested for throwing a bong out of her 36th-floor apartment window.
Bynes, 27, allegedly tossed the item Thursday night while police were in her apartment investigating a complaint that she was smoking marijuana in the building lobby, the New York Post said.
Bynes, wearing a disheveled blond wig, was charged with a felony count of tampering with evidence, as well as reckless endangerment and marijuana possession.
She was briefly taken to Roosevelt Hospital for psychiatric observation before she was booked at the Midtown North Precinct house, the newspaper reported.
No injuries were reported in the incident.
A judge released Bynes Friday morning without bail, but told the actress a warrant would be issued for her arrest if she missed her court date in July, TMZ said.
The celebrity news website also said the fading starlet has claimed the item police identified as a bong is really a vase.
Bynes is the former star of TV's "The Amanda Show" and "What I Like About You" and the films "What a Girl Wants" and "Hairspray." Her once-bright career has been eclipsed in recent months by reports of erratic behavior, bizarre online rants and motor vehicle offenses.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up