A New York judge has released Amanda Bynes on her own recognizance after the
actress was arrested for throwing a bong out of her 36th-floor apartment window.
Bynes, 27, allegedly tossed the item Thursday night while police were in her apartment investigating a complaint that she was smoking marijuana in the building lobby, the New York Post said.
Bynes, wearing a disheveled blond wig, was charged with a felony count of tampering with evidence, as well as reckless endangerment and marijuana possession.
She was briefly taken to Roosevelt Hospital for psychiatric observation before she was booked at the Midtown North Precinct house, the newspaper reported.
No injuries were reported in the incident.
A judge released Bynes Friday morning without bail, but told the actress a warrant would be issued for her arrest if she missed her court date in July, TMZ said.
The celebrity news website also said the fading starlet has claimed the item police identified as a bong is really a vase.
Bynes is the former star of TV's "The Amanda Show" and "What I Like About You" and the films "What a Girl Wants" and "Hairspray." Her once-bright career has been eclipsed in recent months by reports of erratic behavior, bizarre online rants and motor vehicle offenses.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia