A Virginia Beach-based technology company on Thursday won the region's
Small Business of the Year award from the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce.
The 18-year-old business, 360IT Partners, provides computer help to shipbuilders, retailers, funeral homes and other clients, said its president, Martin Joseph.
"We're passionate about delivering support to our customers, coming up with IT solutions for them and leveraging those relationships with our customers, who we feel are our friends as well," Joseph said.
In the past year, 360IT's sales rose 24 percent to more than $2 million, he said, and its number of employees from 15 to 23.
Among 360IT's business guarantees are to speak to clients in plain English and to respond within an hour to any concern.
"Most businesspeople get a little deaf to geek-speak," Thomas said. "We want to speak to businesspeople in language that they understand."
As for the one-hour guarantee, he said, "It's our responsibility to reach out to them very quickly. If we don't, somebody else will."
The company previously was named Small Business of the Year in Virginia Beach. Winners in other cities were:
- Personal Touch Services Inc., which repairs damage from fire, water or mold, Chesapeake.
- Strickland & Jones PC, an accounting firm, Norfolk.
- Triquetra Technologies Inc., a defense contractor, entire Peninsula.
- Hampton Roads Community Health Center, Portsmouth.
- Reed Integration Inc., an engineering-management company, Suffolk.
Beach retailer wins top honor
Retail Alliance named Simply Selma's as Retailer of the Year at the trade group's gala Thursday evening. The Norfolk-based organization, which represents the region's merchants, selected the Virginia Beach gift shop among four regional winners from 94 nominees.
Other regional winners were Walk This Way in Newport News; Quirks of Art in Williamsburg; and The Coffee Shoppe in Portsmouth. The alliance bestowed a Lifetime Achievement Award to Mary Barnett's Gifts and Decorative Accessories, a lighting and home decor store in Norfolk.
(c)2013 The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Va.)
Visit The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Va.) at pilotonline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers