THE West End's favourite musical comedy, Hairspray, is playing right now at Birmingham Hippodrome until June 1. Hairspray tells the story of Tracy Turnblad, a big girl with big hair and an even bigger heart as she sets out to follow her extraordinary dreams, inspire her mum and win the boy she loves. Stage and screen star Mark Benton (Waterloo Road, Early Doors) will play the larger-than-life Turnblad family matriarch Edna in the show.
Mark will be joined by EastEnders star Lucy Benjamin, who will play the role of scheming TV executive and archetypal 'showbiz mom' Velma Von Tussle. X Factor finalist Marcus Collins stars as Seaweed Stubbs and newcomer Freya Sutton as big-hearted, big-haired teen heroine Tracy Turnblad.
Hairspray is the musical with everything - the ultimate feelgood show which has played to sold out houses in London, on Broadway and theatres around the globe.
Birmingham Hippodrome, Hurst Street, Birmingham, B5 4TB, 0844 338 5000, www.birminghamhippodrome.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists