THE West End's favourite musical comedy, Hairspray, is playing right now at Birmingham Hippodrome until June 1. Hairspray tells the story of Tracy Turnblad, a big girl with big hair and an even bigger heart as she sets out to follow her extraordinary dreams, inspire her mum and win the boy she loves. Stage and screen star Mark Benton (Waterloo Road, Early Doors) will play the larger-than-life Turnblad family matriarch Edna in the show.
Mark will be joined by EastEnders star Lucy Benjamin, who will play the role of scheming TV executive and archetypal 'showbiz mom' Velma Von Tussle. X Factor finalist Marcus Collins stars as Seaweed Stubbs and newcomer Freya Sutton as big-hearted, big-haired teen heroine Tracy Turnblad.
Hairspray is the musical with everything - the ultimate feelgood show which has played to sold out houses in London, on Broadway and theatres around the globe.
Birmingham Hippodrome, Hurst Street, Birmingham, B5 4TB, 0844 338 5000, www.birminghamhippodrome.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry