The economic downturn in the eurozone eased in May,
a key economic indicator released Thursday showed.
The London-based research group Markit said its closely watched Purchasing Managers Index for the region's manufacturing and service sectors rose to a three-month high of 47.7 points in May from 46.9 in April.
The May index was higher than the 47.2 points forecast by analysts.
However, a reading below 50 points marks a contraction.
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy