Box TV has introduced a free live streaming service and interactive Freeview portal for its portfolio of music TV channels.
From now 4Music, Heat, Kiss, Kerrang!, Box, Smash Hits and Magic can now be viewed for free through a brand new simulcast service on 4Music.com and the respective channel websites.
The live streaming service is a bespoke video player that allows audiences to watch all of Box TV's much-loved, linear music channels on the web and on-the-go via mobile and tablet devices.
To complement this new offering, Box TV has developed an interactive TV portal that gives 4Music Freeview viewers access to Magic, Kiss and Kerrang! via the red button.
The company says this is the first time live IP streams have been added to a broadcast DTT channel (4Music) to create a portal of additional content. It's also the first MHEG-ICS service to make use of encryption to protect the streams. This service enables broadcasters to give connected TV viewers an enhanced TV experience with more choice, more functionality and more content.
Box TV is a joint venture between Bauer Media and Channel 4, broadcasting seven of the UK's leading music television channels across satellite, cable and digital terrestrial platforms. Channels comprise of 4Music, The Box, Kiss, Kerrang, Smash Hits, Heat and Magic.
SOURCE BOX TV
Originally published by BOX TV.
(c) 2013 PRNewswire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up