Amazon is making its Kindle tablets and Apps
available worldwide, the world's largest online retailer said
The App shop is already available in nearly 200 countries.
And after offering the Kindle tablet in selected foreign countries on a trial basis, Amazon said both sizes of Kindle Fire HD will be available in 170 countries starting June 13.
Amazon has not revealed its sales figures for tablet computers. According to the market research firm IDC, Amazon's various Kindle Fire models had a market share of 3.7 per cent in the first quarter, with 1.8 million tablets sold.
After three years on the market, Apple's iPad still rules the market, but its share has dropped to barely 40 per cent, giving way to rivals that have emerged on the market, IDC said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West