Amazon is making its Kindle tablets and Apps
available worldwide, the world's largest online retailer said
The App shop is already available in nearly 200 countries.
And after offering the Kindle tablet in selected foreign countries on a trial basis, Amazon said both sizes of Kindle Fire HD will be available in 170 countries starting June 13.
Amazon has not revealed its sales figures for tablet computers. According to the market research firm IDC, Amazon's various Kindle Fire models had a market share of 3.7 per cent in the first quarter, with 1.8 million tablets sold.
After three years on the market, Apple's iPad still rules the market, but its share has dropped to barely 40 per cent, giving way to rivals that have emerged on the market, IDC said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- U.S. Stocks Lackluster in Morning Trades
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress