New features within Searchmetrics' search and social analytics software enable digital marketers to forecast the potential traffic gains from Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies and to automatically estimate the resulting increase in sales. There is also a unique feature that lets marketers estimate the market share of search engine visibility their SEO activity is generating against key competitors.
The new functionality, which has been added to the company's Searchmetrics Suite online software, gives SEO professionals and digital marketers meaningful quantitative data to support more informed SEO decision making and to analyze opportunities to maximize return on investment (ROI).
The Searchmetrics Suite is powered by a constantly updated database of search data collected from leading global search engines which helps users plan, manage and track their organic search marketing campaigns. It integrates with customers' web analytics software including Google Analytics and Adobe Site Catalyst. The new features which have been added to software include:
· Forecasts Searchmetrics Suite provides two types of forecast, the first of which is the Traffic Forecast. This allows digital marketers to analyze the current level of organic search traffic coming to their site from individual keywords or groups of keywords and to predict the increased web traffic which would result if they were to ranking in higher positions for those keywords. They can specify ranking targets (eg move 3 positions higher) for individual keywords or groups of keywords and analyze the potential traffic gains.
The Conversion Value Forecast goes a step further by automatically predicting the increase in sales revenue that would result from improved search rankings for target keywords. It combines the Traffic Forecast data on the predicted traffic gains from improved search rankings with data on the rate of sales (also known as the conversion rate) from site visitors and the average financial value of sales to predict potential sales revenue increases.
If digital marketers are targeting conversions other than online sales (eg downloads of a product catalogue, online form completions or newsletter sign ups) they can enter the monetary value assigned to those conversions and the Suite will provide forecasts for the increased value of those target conversions in response to search ranking improvements in the same way as predicted increases in sales revenue.
· SEO Market Share
With the SEO Market Share feature, Searchmetrics has created a unique way for digital marketers to estimate the percentage market share of search engine visibility they are generating for their target keywords and comparing it with the share achieved by competitors. They can set market share targets for their web site domain and benchmark against key competitors to track the progress of their SEO.
SEO Market Share uses Searchmetrics' SEO Visibility score to measure search engine visibility. This score is based on how highly a web site is ranked for the target keyword set (which are entered by the user), taking account of a number of factors including the search volume of the keywords involved (more competitive keywords receive a higher score), whether ads are present on the search engine page and whether Universal Search results (news, images, shopping, images etc) are shown. Different scores are given for navigational keywords (in which searchers using search to 'navigate' to a specific site or page) than for informational keywords (in which searchers are looking for broad information on a topic which could be found across numerous sites).
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.