Taking electronica from a studio environment to a live stage can often leave a musician defeated, as it's a challenging step to make.
But Simon Green, aka Bonobo, had a sold-out Rock City audience rapt as he showcased tracks off his new album, The North Borders, and proved that his perfect studio sounds can sound just as majestic in live form.
Green interspersed tracks from his latest release with older songs from his extensive back catalogue, including releases from Black Sands and Days To Come.
Highlights included the latest release to come from The North Borders, First Fires, as well as Kiara - a popular effort from Black Sands.
Guest musicians took turns in joining Green on stage to add layers to each track, and they each dazzled the crowd with seamless solo interludes.
UK soul singer Szerdene put in a particularly stellar performance, as her dulcet tones complemented the instrumental to a tee.
Green did his best to debunk the common myth that men can't multi- task, as he was everywhere on stage - from addressing the crowd, to playing guitar, to mixing at the back of the set.
Overall, Bonobo demonstrated just why he's so respected as both a musician and a producer.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers