Taking electronica from a studio environment to a live stage can often leave a musician defeated, as it's a challenging step to make.
But Simon Green, aka Bonobo, had a sold-out Rock City audience rapt as he showcased tracks off his new album, The North Borders, and proved that his perfect studio sounds can sound just as majestic in live form.
Green interspersed tracks from his latest release with older songs from his extensive back catalogue, including releases from Black Sands and Days To Come.
Highlights included the latest release to come from The North Borders, First Fires, as well as Kiara - a popular effort from Black Sands.
Guest musicians took turns in joining Green on stage to add layers to each track, and they each dazzled the crowd with seamless solo interludes.
UK soul singer Szerdene put in a particularly stellar performance, as her dulcet tones complemented the instrumental to a tee.
Green did his best to debunk the common myth that men can't multi- task, as he was everywhere on stage - from addressing the crowd, to playing guitar, to mixing at the back of the set.
Overall, Bonobo demonstrated just why he's so respected as both a musician and a producer.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation