Northern California nonprofits, which struggled during the recession,
are now seeing job and salary growth, according to the latest annual report by
Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates.
The report -- "Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2013 Compensation and Benefits Survey" -- said 45 percent of organizations increased staffing levels in the past 12 months, 45 percent hired new contractors and 71 percent are giving salary increases this fiscal year.
Pay for organizations' executive directors also is on the rise.
The 2013 survey includes data from 434 nonprofit agencies, reporting on more than 21,000 jobs. The survey has been conducted annually for 35 years.
For more information, see www.nonprofitcomp.com.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Visit The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) at www.sacbee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast