Northern California nonprofits, which struggled during the recession,
are now seeing job and salary growth, according to the latest annual report by
Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates.
The report -- "Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2013 Compensation and Benefits Survey" -- said 45 percent of organizations increased staffing levels in the past 12 months, 45 percent hired new contractors and 71 percent are giving salary increases this fiscal year.
Pay for organizations' executive directors also is on the rise.
The 2013 survey includes data from 434 nonprofit agencies, reporting on more than 21,000 jobs. The survey has been conducted annually for 35 years.
For more information, see www.nonprofitcomp.com.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Visit The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) at www.sacbee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking