Northern California nonprofits, which struggled during the recession,
are now seeing job and salary growth, according to the latest annual report by
Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates.
The report -- "Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2013 Compensation and Benefits Survey" -- said 45 percent of organizations increased staffing levels in the past 12 months, 45 percent hired new contractors and 71 percent are giving salary increases this fiscal year.
Pay for organizations' executive directors also is on the rise.
The 2013 survey includes data from 434 nonprofit agencies, reporting on more than 21,000 jobs. The survey has been conducted annually for 35 years.
For more information, see www.nonprofitcomp.com.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Visit The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) at www.sacbee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West