Northern California nonprofits, which struggled during the recession,
are now seeing job and salary growth, according to the latest annual report by
Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates.
The report -- "Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2013 Compensation and Benefits Survey" -- said 45 percent of organizations increased staffing levels in the past 12 months, 45 percent hired new contractors and 71 percent are giving salary increases this fiscal year.
Pay for organizations' executive directors also is on the rise.
The 2013 survey includes data from 434 nonprofit agencies, reporting on more than 21,000 jobs. The survey has been conducted annually for 35 years.
For more information, see www.nonprofitcomp.com.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Visit The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) at www.sacbee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers