Northern California nonprofits, which struggled during the recession,
are now seeing job and salary growth, according to the latest annual report by
Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates.
The report -- "Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2013 Compensation and Benefits Survey" -- said 45 percent of organizations increased staffing levels in the past 12 months, 45 percent hired new contractors and 71 percent are giving salary increases this fiscal year.
Pay for organizations' executive directors also is on the rise.
The 2013 survey includes data from 434 nonprofit agencies, reporting on more than 21,000 jobs. The survey has been conducted annually for 35 years.
For more information, see www.nonprofitcomp.com.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Visit The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) at www.sacbee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Tesla Expanding its California Operations
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March