Northern California nonprofits, which struggled during the recession,
are now seeing job and salary growth, according to the latest annual report by
Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates.
The report -- "Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2013 Compensation and Benefits Survey" -- said 45 percent of organizations increased staffing levels in the past 12 months, 45 percent hired new contractors and 71 percent are giving salary increases this fiscal year.
Pay for organizations' executive directors also is on the rise.
The 2013 survey includes data from 434 nonprofit agencies, reporting on more than 21,000 jobs. The survey has been conducted annually for 35 years.
For more information, see www.nonprofitcomp.com.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Visit The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) at www.sacbee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV