Bradley Cooper, star of "The Hangover 3," may be Hollywood's most
well-adjusted mama's boy.
As he has explained at length before, the 38-year-old Cooper moved in with his widowed mother after the death of his father a few years ago. And, in a move that made women across the country swoon, the actor even brought her as his date to this year's Oscars ceremony, where he was nominated for "Silver Linings Playbook."
On "The Tonight Show" on Monday, Cooper opened up about their unusually close relationship, telling host Jay Leno that while she still does his laundry once in a while, she doesn't get in the way of his romantic life.
"You're a single guy. Does that cramp your style?" Leno asked, joking that Cooper's home was like the Bates Motel.
"Don't go to the top floor! Just don't go to the top floor!" Cooper replied, playing along with the "Psycho" theme (but getting his Hitchcock a little wrong: Norman kept his mother in the basement. Even the Sexiest Man Alive 2011 should know that!).
Leno pressed on. "Is it weird? Do girls think that's weird that you still live with your mom?"
The obvious answer to this question is, "Duh, quite the opposite," but the star patiently explained his rationale for living with dear old mom.
"Where I'm from it's like there's no choice. I don't think it's weird," he said. "You know my dad died, and I come from an Italian neighborhood, and I couldn't do it any other way. I wouldn't even think of it."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say