Crude oil prices topped $96 in New York Tuesday morning with prices buoyed by a
prolonged rally in equities.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil added 43 cents to $96.13 per barrel.
Gasoline prices dropped 1.98 cents to $2.877 a gallon. Home heating oil added 1.47 cents to $2.9406 a gallon. Natural gas lost 0.9 cents to reach $4.119 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $3.654 Tuesday, up from Monday's $3.653, the AAA Fuel Gauge Report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities