Crude oil prices topped $96 in New York Tuesday morning with prices buoyed by a
prolonged rally in equities.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil added 43 cents to $96.13 per barrel.
Gasoline prices dropped 1.98 cents to $2.877 a gallon. Home heating oil added 1.47 cents to $2.9406 a gallon. Natural gas lost 0.9 cents to reach $4.119 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $3.654 Tuesday, up from Monday's $3.653, the AAA Fuel Gauge Report said.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses