Crude oil prices topped $96 in New York Tuesday morning with prices buoyed by a
prolonged rally in equities.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil added 43 cents to $96.13 per barrel.
Gasoline prices dropped 1.98 cents to $2.877 a gallon. Home heating oil added 1.47 cents to $2.9406 a gallon. Natural gas lost 0.9 cents to reach $4.119 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $3.654 Tuesday, up from Monday's $3.653, the AAA Fuel Gauge Report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison