South Side Chicago rapper Chief Keef was arrested at a hotel near Atlanta this
week for disorderly conduct after hotel security smelled marijuana smoke coming
his room, police said.
The disorderly conduct arrest comes two months after he was released from custody in Chicago for a probation violation.
Chief Keef, 17, was arrested Monday afternoon at the LeMeridan Hotel located at 111 Perimeter Center West in Dunwoody north of Atlanta, according to a spokesman for the Dunwoody Police Department.
The hotel security alerted police shortly before 3 p.m. about illegal drug activity at the hotel. The security told police they had witnessed smoke and a smell of marijuana coming from the room. When officers arrived and spoke with Chief Keef, they arrested him for disorderly conduct for smoking marijuana, according to an arrest report.
Chief Keef, booked under his real name, Keith Farrelle Cozart, was charged with on one misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct. He was released on his own recognizance from the DeKalb County Jail around 3:20 a.m. today, a spokesman said.
In March, the rapper had completed a 60-day sentence for violating his probation on a gun conviction. A judge ruled he violated his probation by firing a rifle at a gun range during an on-camera promotion for his music last summer.
Chief Keef was originally sentenced to 18 months of probation for pointing a gun at a Chicago officer and was prohibited from having any contact with a firearm while on probation.
(c)2013 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia