Internet veteran Yahoo Inc said on Monday it would pay 1.1 billion dollars for the blogging site Tumblr Inc.
Tumblr will continue to operate independently, Yahoo said.
Experts say the acquisition of Tumblr shows Yahoo's desire to attract younger users, especially in the 18-24 age bracket. The Tumblr acquisition would also give Yahoo a fast-growing social networking hub.
Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David Karp, Tumblr allows users to write blogs and share picture and video content. The site hosts over one hundred million blogs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia