By BRENDAN McDAID
THE winner of ITV'S Superstar competition is set to take on something completely different when he rolls into Londonderry with the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Ben Foster's intensity and soaring vocals saw him win the coveted role of Jesus in Andrew Lloyd Webber's touring production.
Now he will star as Brad in the new 40th anniversary production of the legendary gothic musical Rocky Horror. The show will be staged at the Millennium Forum from September 2-7 and is one of several major productions coming to the city as part of the UK City of Culture celebrations.
West End actor Oliver Thornton, who has appeared in Phantom Of the Opera and Les Miserables, dons the fishnets as lead character Frank 'n' Furter in this production.
A spokesman for the production said: "Since its first appearance at the Royal Court Theatre in June 1973, Richard O'Brien's The Rocky Horror Show has become the world's favourite rock 'n' roll musical."
Local audiences will be encouraged to participate and are free to get dressed in their most outrageous fancy dress.
Tickets are now available from the Box Office. Telephone 028 7126 4455 or visit www.millenniumforum.co.uk for bookings.
Originally published by BY BRENDAN McDAID.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March