TODAY MOVIE: Director Baz Luhrmann's take on F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel The Great Gatsby is brought to life on the big screen courtesy of a talented cast including Leonardo DiCaprio.
Set on New York's Long Island, the tale of mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby captures the essence of the roaring 20s.
Costs: Pounds 3.50-Pounds 6.50 approx.
COMEDY: Get the week off to a good start by heading over to the Big Laughs Comedy session taking place in the Pavilion Bar, Ormeau Road, Belfast.
Hear from up-andcoming hopefuls alongside more seasoned pros.
8.30pm. Costs: Pounds 4 approx.
Tel: 02890 283283 SHOW: Derek Acorah is rated as being one of the UKs most popular Spirit Mediums.
Currently taking time out from his TV shows he is at the Island Arts Centre, Lisburn 8pm. Tickets: Pounds 18/Pounds 16.
Tel: 028 9250 9254.
TOMORROW THEATRE: Belfast's most famous family returns to continue the legendary series of Billy plays first made famous by Kenneth Branagh in the 1980s.
Love, Billy in the Lyric Theatre, Belfast, sees Billy Martin return to Belfast after 25 years. 7.45pm (captioned performance) and then various times until May 25. Tickets: Pounds 22.50-Pounds 24.50.
Tel: 028 9038 1081 MUSIC: The sassy sound of the 30s and 40s fills the Courtyard Theatre at Ballyearl, Newtownabbey.
As Swingabella recreate the harmonies of the Andrews Sisters and the Boswells Sisters through songs such as Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.
8pm. Tickets: Pounds 12/Pounds 8. Tel: 028 9084 8287
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus