Yext today announced that it will be syncing live location information for its 100,000+ brand and small business locations on Facebook. Already structuring and publishing rich location data on nearly 50 sites, Yext has created Yext Sync for Facebook to allow businesses to connect easily to the rich local search environment on Facebook.
Facebook is one of the largest sources of local information online, with what experts estimate to be about 15 million global Facebook Pages for businesses. With the launch of its local products, people use Facebook to find information about local businesses more than ever.
Yext's platform helps businesses share rich and authentic information with their customers when they are searching locally, on nearly 50 search engines, on local websites, on mapping apps, and on Facebook.
With this launch, Yext will now sync business information so businesses can manage from one to thousands of location Pages on Facebook. Businesses will be able to update location details and content easily, whether on the national or local level, from their Yext accounts to Facebook. Yext Sync's features include creating Pages for locations, supplying authentic business data, and distributing authentic local information to Facebook.
"Location pages should be the digital version of real world places, and we believe the best information comes from the businesses themselves," said Howard Lerman, Yext CEO and co-founder. "Yext Sync for Facebook makes it easy for businesses to control their presence on Facebook and update with one click, just as they do for all their PowerListings. More accurate information and easy updates helps their customers discover what's new."
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes