Variety is the spice of life and this was a show that surprised me ; Alex Farrell, the Tamworth-born TCR fm presenter, with his weekly entertainment column - and this week he was seeing stars.
THEY say variety is the spice of life, and on Sunday I was lucky enough to go along to the fourth annual Foxy Variety Show at the Tamworth Assembly Rooms.
To be honest, I'm not a variety show person. Perhaps scars of being involved in dreadful 'talent' shows that lasted five hours as a child did not sweeten my anticipation for the show, but I have to say it was one of the best spectacles I've seen for a while.
It was fantastic to see live raw talent, rather than through the medium of Britain's Got More Voice on Ice in the Jungle.
The show was hosted terrifically by Tamworth's song and dance man Glen Chevannes, and it featured the talents of Julian Smith, Vicki Gordon and Tom Vaughan to name a few.
Special guest Linda Nolan also got people in the mood for dancing at the end when she did a quick turn, and I don't remember the last show where I spent the last 15 minutes on my feet dancing along.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and the bonus is it's all for a great cause. Bravo! I must also mention some more live entertainment happening tonight, Thursday, May 2, at Bolehall Manor Club. The Apex Jazz and Swing Band are playing and from what I have heard they are a real feelgood band who will entertain everybody. Tickets are just Pounds 7 on the door. Before I go I must tell you that on Monday I went to the Tamworth dyspraxia support group's trampolining at Wilnecote High School. I was invited along to see what they do and found out how trampolining can help children with dyspraxia, a condition which impairs your movement, not just with their balance and co-ordination, but also their confidence, and I'm sure in the coming weeks I will tell you more about this fantastic group. I didn't have a go on the trampoline - this job has enough ups and downs!
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security