A man killed himself Thursday at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport
after firing into the air with an assault rifle, Houston police said.
The man was confronted by federal agents before shooting himself in the head. A suicide note was found in a backpack, NBC News reported.
The incident occurred in Terminal B near a ticket counter.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said an armed male suffered at least one gunshot wound at 1:35 p.m. Thursday, the Houston Chronicle reported.
KHOU-TV, Houston, said the man walked into the airport with an AR-15 and fired it into the air. He was then confronted by an air marshal, KHOU-TV said.
Inbound traffic to the airport was delayed due to the incident.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter