A man killed himself Thursday at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport
after firing into the air with an assault rifle, Houston police said.
The man was confronted by federal agents before shooting himself in the head. A suicide note was found in a backpack, NBC News reported.
The incident occurred in Terminal B near a ticket counter.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said an armed male suffered at least one gunshot wound at 1:35 p.m. Thursday, the Houston Chronicle reported.
KHOU-TV, Houston, said the man walked into the airport with an AR-15 and fired it into the air. He was then confronted by an air marshal, KHOU-TV said.
Inbound traffic to the airport was delayed due to the incident.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures