A man killed himself Thursday at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport
after firing into the air with an assault rifle, Houston police said.
The man was confronted by federal agents before shooting himself in the head. A suicide note was found in a backpack, NBC News reported.
The incident occurred in Terminal B near a ticket counter.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said an armed male suffered at least one gunshot wound at 1:35 p.m. Thursday, the Houston Chronicle reported.
KHOU-TV, Houston, said the man walked into the airport with an AR-15 and fired it into the air. He was then confronted by an air marshal, KHOU-TV said.
Inbound traffic to the airport was delayed due to the incident.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant