A man killed himself Thursday at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport
after firing into the air with an assault rifle, Houston police said.
The man was confronted by federal agents before shooting himself in the head. A suicide note was found in a backpack, NBC News reported.
The incident occurred in Terminal B near a ticket counter.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said an armed male suffered at least one gunshot wound at 1:35 p.m. Thursday, the Houston Chronicle reported.
KHOU-TV, Houston, said the man walked into the airport with an AR-15 and fired it into the air. He was then confronted by an air marshal, KHOU-TV said.
Inbound traffic to the airport was delayed due to the incident.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Deported Honduran Families Face a Bleak Future