A man killed himself Thursday at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport
after firing into the air with an assault rifle, Houston police said.
The man was confronted by federal agents before shooting himself in the head. A suicide note was found in a backpack, NBC News reported.
The incident occurred in Terminal B near a ticket counter.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said an armed male suffered at least one gunshot wound at 1:35 p.m. Thursday, the Houston Chronicle reported.
KHOU-TV, Houston, said the man walked into the airport with an AR-15 and fired it into the air. He was then confronted by an air marshal, KHOU-TV said.
Inbound traffic to the airport was delayed due to the incident.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million