Ghost The Musical WHERE: Wolverhampton's Grand Theatre WHEN: Monday, June 3 to Saturday, May 15 MIDLAND theatre goers will enjoy an out-of-this-world experience when the touring musical Ghost arrives at Wolverhampton's Grand Theatre in June.
It's a tear-jerker with stunning special effects, great music and a storyline which holds the attention to the end.
I was invited the see the stage version of the famous 1990s musical as it began its UK tour at the magnificent Wales Millennium Centre theatre in Cardiff.
The technical tricks are mind-boggling, and before settling down for the show I was taken back stage to see the incredible jungle of cables, electronic equipment computer screens and sets necessary to create what seems to be a stage play mingled with a fantasy movie. But it's easy to follow the plot and marvel at some of the amazing incidents, including ghosts floating through a train carriage and a scene where the main character walks through a locked door. Stewart Clarke, a recent graduate, is superb as Sam Wheat, and Rebecca Trehearn, who has appeared in the TV series Casualty, gives a sparkling performance as Molly. Playing the shady psychic Oda Mae Brown is a woman with a great voice and almost the same name - Wendy Mae Brown. She is a keen fan of Whoopi Goldberg, one of the stars of the movie. She told me: When I saw the film I remember thinking 'I would love to do something like that', never thinking for one minute that one day I would be in this musical. I think I was just meant to do it, especially in view of my name.
It's a huge role and I love it, and the audiences love this show, even though there will be a lot of tears with songs like Unchained Melody. I would certainly say its the highlight of my career so far.
For further details visit www.grandtheatre.info
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv