A boy of five has shot dead his two-year-old sister with a rifle
he was given as a present.
Their mother told police in Kentucky she had been outside on a porch for "no more than three minutes" on when the shooting occurred.
The .22-calibre rifle was a present and he is used to shooting it, police said. It was kept in a corner and the family did not realize a shell was left inside it. The local coroner said the shooting will be ruled accidental.
(c) 2013 Evening Mail; Birmingham (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo