A boy of five has shot dead his two-year-old sister with a rifle
he was given as a present.
Their mother told police in Kentucky she had been outside on a porch for "no more than three minutes" on when the shooting occurred.
The .22-calibre rifle was a present and he is used to shooting it, police said. It was kept in a corner and the family did not realize a shell was left inside it. The local coroner said the shooting will be ruled accidental.
(c) 2013 Evening Mail; Birmingham (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland