A boy of five has shot dead his two-year-old sister with a rifle
he was given as a present.
Their mother told police in Kentucky she had been outside on a porch for "no more than three minutes" on when the shooting occurred.
The .22-calibre rifle was a present and he is used to shooting it, police said. It was kept in a corner and the family did not realize a shell was left inside it. The local coroner said the shooting will be ruled accidental.
(c) 2013 Evening Mail; Birmingham (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Tesla Expanding its California Operations
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Retirement: Why $1 Million Won't Be Enough
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash