Celebrate Memorial Day at the Arlington Heights Memorial Day Parade beginning at 9:30 a.m. Monday, May 27 at the village hall, at 33 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights. The parade ends at Memorial Park on Chestnut Street for a 10:30 a.m. ceremony. For more information call (847) 253-5960.
Check out the Puerto Rican Festival from Thursday, June 13 to Sunday, June 16 at Humboldt Park in Chicago. This year marks the 47th year for the festival, one of the largest Latino events in the Midwest. There will be music, entertainment, authentic Caribbean cuisine, arts and crafts, carnival rides and more. On Saturday, June 15, the festival will host the Puerto Rican Parade on Division Street beginning at noon.
The Arlington Heights downtown concert series begins June 6 and runs through August 8 at Campbell Street and Vail Ave. All concerts are from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and are free. You can bring chairs and blankets to sit and listen to live music.
Check out the "Tribute to the Fania Legends" at Joe's Bar, 940 W. Weed Street, Chicago, on Sunday, May 26. Celebrate the music of Celia Cruz and Ruben Blades with Orquesta Tributo featuring Lina Marie and Johnny Martinez. Cover is $10 and doors open at 9:30 p.m.
Listen to blues from any of five stages at the 2013 Chicago Blues Festival at Millennium Park in Chicago from June 6 to June 9. It is the largest blues festival in the world and it runs 6:30 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, June 6, and 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday, June 7 through Sunday, June 9. Admission is free.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum