According to AndroidPolice, Google is launching Play Games for
Android offering new services to be part of Google Play Services
Players will be able to share achievements, exchange conversations, battle on the leaderboard and save games on a cloud- based service.
The service will require notifications to be sent over Google+. Previous attempts to bring users to Google+ have forced those creating a Google account to sign up to the social network service.
"Those who have the new Play Services may have noticed some strange things going on in their sync settings," reported AndroidPolice.
The new platform could be likened to that of Apple''s iOS platform for games, Game Center.
Google Play''s leak introduces a green controller logo, invites and matchmaking -- for manually or automatically selecting players, notifications -- run through Google+, achievements, leaderboards, and synced game saves.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight