According to AndroidPolice, Google is launching Play Games for
Android offering new services to be part of Google Play Services
Players will be able to share achievements, exchange conversations, battle on the leaderboard and save games on a cloud- based service.
The service will require notifications to be sent over Google+. Previous attempts to bring users to Google+ have forced those creating a Google account to sign up to the social network service.
"Those who have the new Play Services may have noticed some strange things going on in their sync settings," reported AndroidPolice.
The new platform could be likened to that of Apple''s iOS platform for games, Game Center.
Google Play''s leak introduces a green controller logo, invites and matchmaking -- for manually or automatically selecting players, notifications -- run through Google+, achievements, leaderboards, and synced game saves.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?