Cinedigm's Docurama, a multi-platform brand dedicated to documentary film, announced it is launching a paid channel on YouTube.
The announcement closely follows the launch of the company's inaugural Docurama series of film screening events currently booked in theaters across the country through June 16.
According to a release, the fully-branded Docurama YouTube paid channel is launching with a curated playlist of feature-length documentary films, one-quarter of which are new or recent releases. Content will be refreshed weekly, including films from the now- running Docurama theatrical series.
Cinedigm is shifting the paradigm of the distribution business to an alternative model that merges traditional theatrical releases with new digital platforms and aggressive windowing strategies, with a focus on exclusive content and early access to new films. The new channel was developed by Cinedigm to further leverage Docurama's brand imprimatur in the market place, the company's 20-plus years of content management experience, and its filmmaker-centric business practices.
"This is the start of our foray into the curated channel business," said Chris McGurk, Chairman & CEO of Cinedigm. "Leveraging our library of independent digital rights - the largest in the world - makes this a natural evolution for us and we expect to launch additional curated channels in the near future."
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset